On behalf of the newly elected 2018/19 PAC Executives I wanted to that all those parents who came out last night to the AGM. I also would like to extend a huge thank you to Sharon Yu for all her time and effort she put in as PAC Chair last year (and this). Also thank you to each of those PAC Executive members from last year for all the amazing work! Glad to see most of you back, even if it is in a different role.
I would like to now introduce to all of the parents the PAC Executives for this year.
|Parent Education Coordinator
|Special Events Coordinators
||Natalie Jatskevich/ Marcio Albuquerque
Please note that we are still looking for several Executive Roles to be filled:
If you have a bit of time and would like to find out more about one of these roles please email me at email@example.com
In the coming weeks there will be more information sent out about the vision for the PAC this school year but our 2018/2019 theme is “It Takes a Village”. As parents we have a wonderful opportunity to support not only our own child/children but also their peers, the teachers, the school as an entirety and the community at large. We are so blessed at NRP to have an amazingly diverse community.
If you ever have any questions, comments or ideas please do not hesitate to email.
Jody Yau, PAC Chair
This is a reminder that the 2018/19 PAC AGM is this Wednesday from 6:30-7:30pm in the Learning Commons (AKA: Library), with free child minding. All parents/guardians at Norma Rose Point School are welcome. At the AGM, new PAC Executive will be elected and it is still not too late to submit your name to the nomination. We will also approve the 2018/19 PAC budget on the AGM. Please find important documents below:
PAC AGM Agenda: Oct. 2018 AGM
PAC Executive Nominees: PAC Executive_2018/19, 2018/19 PAC Exec. Nominee’s Bio
Proposed 2018/19 Budget: 2018/2019 Proposed Budget
2017/18 PAC Report: PAC Report – 2017/18
Last PAC Meeting Minutes: Meeting Minutes – September 19, 2018
Below are the upcoming events from the Vancouver DPAC Newsletter, we would like to highlight these two events in October:
1. Oct 4th is the DPAC VSB trustee’ all candidates meeting
2. Oct 25th is the next General DPAC meeting focus on SOGI (any parents with concerns over the SOGI curriculum are encouraged to attend)
For a full version of the DPAC Newsletter, please click here
Upcoming DPAC Events
- Thursday, Oct 4 6:30-9pm – DPAC’s VSB Trustee Candidate Forum Moderated by Tracey Sherlock. Sir Charles Tupper Secondary Cafeteria. We have invited 31 candidates (if anyone has contact info for Gordon T. Kennedy or Mrs. Doubtfire, please let us know) and sent them a questionnaire to complete (responses will be posted on our website). A portion of the evening will be spent with candidates answering your questions, so please bring them.
- Thursday, Oct 11 7-9pm – DPAC Executive Meeting, Rm 120, Vancouver Education Centre 1580 W. Broadway. Agenda will be posted on the vancouverdpac.org website when finalized.
- Thursday, Oct 25 7-9pm – DPAC General Meeting: SOGI 123. Rm 180, Vancouver Education Centre 1580 W. Broadway. Presenters include Matt Carruthers (former SOGI District Lead) and Renee Hock (VSB Diversity Mentor). We will have translation services available for parents who require them. Agenda will be posted on the vancouverdpac.org website when finalized.
- Thursday, Nov 15 7-9pm – Provincial ADHD Clinic facilitated ADHD workshop for parents and caregivers. Rm 180, Vancouver Education Centre 1580 W. Broadway. More details will be provided when they are finalized.
- NOTE:DPAC meeting are open to all parents and guardians of children in VSB schools. Voting is limited to DPAC executives at executive meetings and PAC reps at general meetings, but all attendees may otherwise participate in the meetings.
Upcoming PAC Events that the wider community is invited to join